The Internet is a powerful tool and we understand the
importance of your privacy. We are committed to providing an Internet experience
that respects and protects your personal privacy.
1. The Rootsweb on-line database does not display details of people born after 1930, but the GNO, GED and PDF files linked on our home page do. Although this is all public information, please respect other people's privacy accordingly.
2. We only accept and maintain personal information on users 18 years and over,
unless we receive parental or guardian permission.
3. We will not release any personally identifiable private information about you without
4. You should be aware that everyone can view guestbook information and that we
have no control over information posted. Entries are routinely monitored for
acceptability. Your entry can be deleted or changed by sending us an e-mail
request to do so.
5. Posted information required to satisfy our obligation to give copyright
credits is not a breach of our pledge. It is only an acknowledgement of
ownership or our fulfillment of a request.
6. E-mail addresses may be saved to our personal address book for the purpose of
sending site updates or personal messages. In order to insure your privacy, our
mailings are not grouped to multiple recipients. We will not endeavor to sell
any products or services, send spam or otherwise solicit. You may request, at
any time, to be removed from our personal mailing list.
7. We use a third party to collect site traffic information. This information is
used to monitor performance, diagnose site problems or to make improvements. We
do not store any personal information about any person.
9. You can manage and control the information that you have voluntarily provided
by sending us an email.
10. Please contact us if you have privacy questions or concerns so that we can
Copyright and Statement Of Use
We adhere to all copyright laws and protocols. Information and material that is
presented on this website may not be taken, used or altered without our express
written permission. Content that is not original to this website was either
gathered from the "Public Domain", which conforms to the "Free Use" criteria of
the Internet, used through properly licensed software or are used with express
permission. Credits, permission statements and/or copyright information is
posted on the site page where such material may be used. Links to other sites
have been established with either implied or direct permission to do so. We
accept no responsibility or liability for content on this site given to us with
a misrepresentation of copyright, ownership or valid authorization.
You may contact us at: email@example.com